Sunday, June 19, 2011

Blisters

Day. Two.  What to say, what to say.  For starters how bout: "Ouch" "Ew" "Ah" & "motherf**ker!"  Now I know you wanna know! ;)
  After a mild coma (i slept for 11 hours) I arouse to a shower with little to no water pressure and a breakfast of champions...I had Raisin Bran...After getting into my signature purple attire I walked and walked and walked, maybe have sweated in their a few times, through the lower east side & Soho until I found the subway I needed hopped on that and headed to Time Square for an afternoon with one of the only familiar faces I know here in the city.
To kick off my summer in NYC she and I got tickets to the Tony nominated show "The Motherf**ker with the Hat" featuring Chris Rock & Bobby Cannavale.  Not really caring if I saw it or didn't, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with it.  The audience was loud and interactive, the performances were strong-minus the woman nominated for the Tony...I found her shouts & druggy shakes kind of distracting & not in the theatrical way...maybe she was just having an off day...IDK...anyways, overall it was a great show and I can for see it being done all over after it runs its course here. And last thing...I am not a huge Chris Rock fan, love him in Dogma and that is about it...he usually is too loud and obnoxious for me in his movie roles, but being loud is a plus in the theatre and he was by far my favorite part of the show.
 While waiting for the show my friend and I wandered the busy streets and avoided sunlight (so hooottt!) which lead us to a few interesting experiences.  1.  The asian lady with a talent for clearing her sinuses & 2. The biggest damn cockroach I've ever seen!  The second story is pretty self-explanatory so I will just go into the first one...
  Sitting in the shade by a table in the middle of Time Square, we both were deep in some intellectual conversation aka most likely me chatting away after seeing the multiple True Blood posters and Torchwood: Miracle Day signs, when this little asian women walking with her family meandered past and proceeded to cause my gag reflex to...uh...flex?  But seriously, both my friend and I had to choke back a spittle of vomit after Miss Lady closed one nostril with her index finger and then proceeded to suck all the snot up into her head and then hocked the nastiest loogy into a trash can...I mean at least she spit it into a trash can but come on! NAST!
  This was followed promptly by a visit to the Disney store.
  The show happened after that, and the line was hella long (this is when getting student rush tickets EARLY comes in handy) but while in line I spied something hiding in the shade of the bricks of a building...this thing was the giant cockroach and it was...shudder inducing.  It could have taken on Godzilla...seriously.
  So my day was full of shudders and laughs and ended with a blister covered foot...damn purple shoes I love you so, but you and the NYC terrain don't get along.  Poor feet...Now I am getting ready to pop some drugs to make myself sleep before my first day of work tomorrow! EEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!
 

  Wish me luck!

  Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment