Saturday, June 18, 2011

THUNDERDOME Round 2: NYC Style

*Cough-cough-sputter-gasp*
     Oh hey! :)  Sorry I was just drowning in life there for a second...wait what?! Its been like two months since...woah...talk about losing track of time.  I guess what you really want to know is where I've been and what I've been doing that could cause such a lapse in bloggin'!  Okay, okay, let me catch you up...
  Well i finished my semester with flying colors, a train ride home that rivals all accounts of boredom ever written about by me, and two months in the midwest that consisted of iced coffee beverages and self-motivation.  Trust me, going into detail could cause spontaneous combustion and that can be very messy to clean up.  Lets just say I got a good amount of writing done and upped my macho gauge by doing manual labor at a softball field.  Impressive? No, I didn't think so.  But, my friends, the reason I am writing to you right now is because I am back in the land of attitudes.  That's right.  New York City I am back...bitch. 
  Through the wonders of connections and my lovely phone manners (thanks Dad!...also hint the sarcasm) I was able to land a summer internship at Telsey + Company.  It is a big time casting agency for B-Way musicals/plays and dabbles in the world of TV & Film.  As an intern I will be doing interny things like: everything.  
What? Too vague?  I know, but once my first day happens trust me, vague will be thrown out the window to land in the dump below my dorm room.
  Oh right the dorm thing...I am living in a dorm this time round.  So 21 year-old of me, what can I say...The dorm itself is smack dab in the middle of the Lower East Side and is swarming with young adults.  There is a terrace with grass and weeds...be jealous.  
  Having survived walking up at 3:30 in the morning and making it through the mini-clan of Asian children who found it necessary to kick my seat until the vibrations rocked me to sleep and then to be followed by a rather pleasant flight that played 30 Rock and Parenthood on tiny televisions, my travels were-compared to the train-peachy keen.  
  Now, to only confuse security a little bit more, I am gonna go walk around for the fourth or fifth time until i find that moving is overrated. 

 Alrighty than, later folks!   

1 comment:

  1. I caught that note of 'sarcasm'....and totally appreciate it....you wise guy :-)

    ReplyDelete